Omega NC800 is one of the latest masticating juicers on the market. The company wanted to build on top of their successful 8000 series and make them better. For those of you familiar with the 8000 series, you’ll notice two main improvements in NC800. First, the feed chute is now bigger which was one of the main cons of the J8006 whose owners reportedly complained that it’s taking too much time cutting and chopping the foods. The second big approvement is the adjustable end cap which can be positioned up or down based on the type of foods used to regulate the yielded juice.
Omega NC800 also comes with 15 years warranty which still is the best in the industry.
- Yielded Juice – Performs very well with leafy greens. The masticating process of extracting juice gets the most out of the fruits and vegetables and leaves almost dry pulp at one go so there’s no need to run it again.
- Wide Feed Chute – Saves preparation time by minimizing the need of pre-cutting the foods.
- Quiet – One of the advantages of masticating juicers compared to their centrifugal cousins is the low level of noise they produce mainly because of the low speed they run at.
- 15 Years Warranty – Omega is a leader in the industry when it comes to warranty. There’s no place for comparison with the Breville’s
- Clean and compact design – You can safely leave the juicer on the kitchen countertop. The design is very clean and modern so it’ll be a good fit for your
- Problems with softer foods – Some reports by users state that NC800 is having problems when using softer foods likes apples and pears. Owners have found out that altering between hard and soft foods can solve this problem because hard foods can push the pulp from the soft ones.
- Pulp can be high – This is something common for the masticating juicers. Generally, they have more pulp in the juice.
The Omega NC800 is a wonderful option for those who are looking to get a high-quality masticating juicer and are ready to spend a few bucks above average price for it. The new features introduced in this model – the adjustable cap and the wider feed chute reduce the juicing time and increase the quality of the juice. Users love it because of its high performance with leafy greens but some are disappointed because of problems with soft foods. The overall rating and satisfaction still are great and this is one of the best masticating juicers on the market with owners’ score ranging from mid to high 4s out of 5-star rating.