The Omega J8004 is one of the juicers with the best reviews on Amazon. Many owners are happy with their purchase while others are having problems and bad experience with it. And both of them are right because the J8004 is suitable for some stuff and not so much for others. Some of the pros according to owners are the high-quality juice, very good performance with leafy greens and the easy clean up. Of course, there are also some cons like the small feed chute and the fact that J8004 is not very good with soft fruits.
- Good for leafy greens – The yielded juice from wheatgrass, cabbage, spinach, etc. is very high because of the dual stage processing. This is something centrifugal juicers are struggling with. If you’ve had one and use J8004 you will get in love with it.
- Clean up – J8004’s parts are so easy to dismantle that cleaning the juicer takes no more than 2 minutes. This is something very much appreciated by the owners. Especially the ones who are always in a hurry and don’t have much time to spend cleaning.
- Warranty – Omega has the best warranty on the market – 15 years. Very high rated by the owners. No surprise. Starting with juicing can be quite an investment and knowing you can get it fixed if something happens is comforting.
- Small feed chute – The 1.5” chute is very small and the vegetables need to be cut before placing them into the machine. This can be overwhelming Especially when you need to juice large amount in no time. That’s one of the biggest disadvantages pointed by the owners. Many of them would love to have larger feed chute.
- Not very good with soft fruits – Despite its good performance with leafy greens, J8004 is not performing very good with soft fruits like apples, oranges, and pineapples. Some owners suggest alternating soft and hard foods so the mush can be pushed away.
- Noisy – You wouldn’t want to run the juicer early in the morning or you will wake up everybody in the house.
Omega J8004 is a perfect choice for people who are always busy and got no time for cleaning. It is also the first choice for the leafy green lovers. It performs a lot better with them compared to a centrifugal juicer. Making a lot of juice can be frustrating since everything needs to be cut into smaller pieces because of the small feeding chute.