The Breville BJE510XL implements the patented Nutri Disc system that ensures all enzymes and nutrients in the foods remain in the juice. It has a 900-watt motor which supports 5 speeds, ranging from 6500 to 12,500 RPM. This allows users to adjust the speed according to the type of foods being juiced in order to maximize the juice yield. An LCD display provides information which type of food is suitable for the current speed.
Working with BJE510XL is designed to be easy to use. The wide feed chute eliminates any preparation and pre-cutting you need to do. The juicer can be fed even with whole pieces of foods like carrots or apples. Safety features ensure that the operation of the juicer is safe for the user.
- Speed – The BJE510XL gets the work done fast. For those who don’t have much time, it is a big advantage. With the variable speeds available, you can adjust the juicer for different types of fruits and vegetables. The lower the speed, the better for soft foods and vice versa.
- Wide Feed Chute – The three-inch feed chute saves time and provides a pleasurable experience while juicing since the food does not have to be pre-cut before feeding the juicer.
- Design – The stainless steel materials are durable and guarantee a long life of the juicer. The LCD display contributes to the modern look of BJE510XL.
- Leafy Green Vegetables – Centrifugal juicers are not famous for providing high juice yields from vegetables such as kale, wheatgrass, cabbage, and lettuce. The juicer is able to handle them, although it does not perform very well. If you are going to juice mainly leafy greens, then you should consider a masticating juicer.
- Noise – Common problem for centrifugal juicers is the level of noise, they produce. That is mainly because of the high speed they run at.
- Soft Fruits – The pulp is not completely dry, especially from soft fruits and leafy greens. Some owners reported that running the pulp through again makes it dry but it only drips a few extra milliliters.
What The Owners Say
It is very easy to clean if you rinse it right away than if you let it sit even for one-two hours. You can use a simple cleaning tip – place a bag on the inside of the pulp container so you can throw it away immediately. The only trouble is cleaning the filter but using the provided cleaning brush it is easier.
The juicer outputs the pulp automatically into a separate container. There are 5 different speeds available. Each of them made for a specific type of food – Soft food, Citrus, Pineapple, Apple, and Hard vegetables. Some owners have tested if there is a difference in the quantity of extracted juice with different speeds. Surprisingly, there wasn’t that much of a difference. And considering the high RPM produces more heat, it may be a good idea to run your juicer on the slower speeds.
This Breville juicer is best with soft to mid-hard fruits and vegetables – kiwi, apples, carrots, cucumbers, mangoes, grapes, etc. The amount of juice extracted from certain green vegetables like celery, broccoli, and asparagus is satisfactory. You also don’t have to peel them, except melon. Just place them in the 3-inch feed chute. Despite making the juicer easy to use, the wide feed chute may cause you some trouble. Because of the quite fast speed, soft fruits and vegetables and leafy greens might be thrown back out through the feed chute.
The juicer is quite fast, thanks to the 900watt motor, and you can prepare a bottle of juice in no time. Be aware, though, that this has its drawbacks too. Spinning at high speed, the juice introduces lots of air into the juice which leads to fast degradation. Some recent research, suggests that the oxidation and the heat generated from the motor are killing some of the healthy enzymes.
Some owners report that the juicer spits unjuiced parts of the fruits into the discard container. This results in 50-100% less juice than masticating juicers which can lead to higher costs in the long-term.
The Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain is a good choice for those who are looking for a fast, convenient and modern juicer. It fits perfectly in the modern style kitchens, so you don’t have to hide it when guests arrive.